Saturday, April 6, 2013

A-Z 2013 - Failing is Not Always Our Fault



failure photo: failure failure.jpg
NOT MY FAULT!!!
 
It's the end of the first week for the Challenge and I've been feeling the pressure. Until my own "Do it for the Gipper!" pep-talk, I felt like a failure. Why? Because, last year, I promised myself that I would have all my posts done and ready for this year's challenge and let myself down. Alas, I was lower than pond scum.  
 
Then, I had a nice little rest, forgave myself, and decided to simply handle it in the same frenetic way as the previous challenges -- I rationalized why there were no posts scheduled and waiting for me to hit the 'Publish' button. It was so easy to rationalize, that I wonder why I hadn't thought of it, before (r-r-r-i-i-i-ght).  I have forgiven myself, as I know you have and will simply share some other thoughts on failure.

failure photo: Failure failure.jpg
EQUIPMENT LETDOWN

failure photo: Failure Failure.jpg
POOR DEPTH PERCEPTION
 

failure photo: Hard Disc Failure HDDfailed.png
POOR COMMUNICATION SKILLS

I rest my petition for forgiveness.


Finis




For those of you who have just happened upon this page, this is an annual writing challenge open to any and all who wish to participate. It's a way to discover new writers and share your own. Do yourself a favor and check out a group of fantastic bloggers. You're bound to find someone you might like to follow. Don't forget to leave some loving comments and spread the word. It could even inspire you to think about joining next year's Challenge, yourself!

6 comments:

  1. Hi, I am visiting from the A-Z challenge.
    I think your post is a Success!
    I participated last year too and I wrote each day. Actually it was more like Cinderella blogging...click publish before the stroke of midnight.
    This year I started off with one post ahead. So far my plan to use Sunday as a way to get one post ahead seems to be working.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky enough to have the majority of my posts written before the month started (mostly because I raided some old scribbles on my hard drive), but I imagine most people are flying by the seat of their pants on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No worries! I struggled coming up with a theme, then the posts themselves. I finally have them all done but still have to put them in Blogger. :)

    Happy A-Z!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I learned from last year and starting organising my blogs in January! But it did help that I had a lot of stories and flash fiction unpublished from last autumn. Next year - who knows??
    Happy A to Z-ing
    Jemima at Jemima's blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you've failed at all. I think those who take each letter as it comes are throwing themselves into the challenge moreso than those who are prepared. I can't handle waiting until last minute so my posts were all done before April started. But... I envy those who have the courage to take this challenge as it comes.

    Have fun with the rest of a-z. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. believe your article is successful Last year I took part as well, and Bookkeeping And Accounting Firms In Dubai I wrote every day. Actually, it was more along the lines of Cinderella blogging publish before the clock struck midnight. I was one post ahead when I started this year. So far my strategy of using Sunday to write one post earlier seems to be working.

    ReplyDelete