Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Garden Beckons Before Bloggin

Okay, it's been a while since I've posted; but, I have a good reason. I have had to get the spring gardens planted and some new beds set up for rotating crops.

The large container garden has already provided two meals of "greens." I was able to combine radish and turnip greens, along with some green onions and three or four one-inch radishes, flavored with fresh lemon thyme. As old as she is, my sister had never had radish greens and was delighted with the taste.

We have had an unusually hot period, these last few weeks, and the growth has been phenomenal. I am just going to keep my fingers crossed that any upcoming cold snaps leave my little seedlings in the hothouse, alone. I don't know what's going on, this year, but the weather best straighten itself out.

I have been keeping a photographic history of this year's garden and will let you know when I have them posted to my website.

0 comments:

Post a Comment