Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Mom Chef's Pay It Forward Tagging Did Me In

Better late than never.  This all started when Chrisiane, The Mom Chef, got tagged with her list of eight questions to then turn around and torture others.  Apparently, I'm one of the first eight bloggers on her list that she wanted to torture! (Isn't there an award for that, somewhere?)


Well, here I go, and let that be the end of it...  Here are my eight questions:
1. What's the best live event (concert, comedian, etc.) that you've ever attended and when/why?
The best live concert was back in 1982. Desperately wanted to see a live George Jones concert and finally had enough coins put together to do it.  Well, surprise of surprises, I didn't have to pay a dime because that concert lineup was George Jones, John Anderson, and -- are you ready? -- ME! Yup, I was the final act for the concert and it was thrilling. Memorable because, that night, it was the first time my daughters were able to see their Mom in concert and it was the last time because, that night, was when I got the news that my youngest daughter had the big C. A definite refocusing time. Funniest part was when things went a little awry, Mr. No-Show-Jones had to do a make-up concert in Texas at 11PM, so he ended up being MY opening act! Is that too cool, or what...
2. If you were given the opportunity to cook alongside any one professional chef, who would it be?
Oh, that would have to be Gordon Ramsay. Love his passion and straightforwardness. I know he would be giving me the best advice with no sugar-coating -- but, I would definitely have that 'bad word' jar handy and it wouldn't be at just a quarter per word, either!
3.  When you were growing up, what did you want to be? Are you doing that? If not, what?
I'm one of the few very lucky people on this earth who have been able to try almost every dream I've ever imagined. Some turned out to be good and I enjoyed them during their duration; others, turned out to be nothing like what I thought they would be... But, I got to try them.
4. If your house was on fire, what one item would you grab from the kitchen to save?
I would have to go all the way into the kitchen?! Aaarrgh.  Okay, that would be the plate above my entry way of the church where I was married. They've built a new larger church on the other side of the road, but this was one of those little country churches that I just loved and means the world to me.
5.  Coke or Pepsi?
Coke; hands down. Can't stand the sweet taste of Pepsi. Bletch. Ptui, aarrcchhhh!
6. How many years have you been friends with the person you've known the longest?
There's no question we've been friends longer than the age I admit to, but, just for you guys, forty-one, and still going strong.
7. What food dish do you consider the most daunting and have not yet gotten up the courage to attempt it yet?
A solar souffle.
8. If you were an animal, what would you be?
I used to think it would be the noble horse, but now, having seen how well my little Chihuahua Angel is treated, I'd rather be a lap dog!
So, that's pretty much it.  I'm supposed to pick 8 more blogging friends to torture with 8 questions, and they, in turn ... well, you know.  However, I'm not going to put any pressure on you. Feel free to follow through and share your answers, or not. It's a fun exercise and does give you something to post about!


Here are 8 bloggers I have not previously picked to torture. (Spreading the joy, so to speak!)
    Adventures of an English Mum
    A Stone's Throw From Insanity
    Be Awesome Instead
    Frugal Tractor Mom
    Handbags and Handguns
    Little Blog in the Big Woods
    Mommy of a Monster (I Mean Toddler) and Infant
    My Hebrew Name is Cinderella


And, my 8 questions:
   1. If you could change places with anyone in the world, who would that be, and why?
   2. How has your packing for travel changed over the years?
   3. Did you have a favorite pet when you were growing up? Why this one?
   4. What was the hardest subject for you to study in school, and why?
   5. Did your first love become the person you thought they would or did they totally surprise you? How?
   6. Would you marry your first crush, if given the chance? Why or why not?
   7. If you were asked to speak before a roomful of seniors, what would you tell them?
   8. Have you written down favorite memories to share with the next generations? Why not?


Well, there it is.  Have fun.

2 comments:

  1. Dudette, I had no idea that you had this second blog! I'm glad you shared it because my blog reading goes so far beyond just food. This is added to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting facts about You. I have to admit that I hate these things myself, I do like to answer questions like this but I hate passing them (or new ones)to others. I can never decide to whom I´ll send them :-) :-) :-)

    Have a great day now!
    Christer.

    ReplyDelete