Saturday, April 30, 2011

Z is for Zounds and Good Night to The A-Z Blogger Challenge


Photo from http://www.depreview.com/  Entry #11
With a zealousness bordering on the supernatural, I entered the A-Z Blogging Challenge created by Arlee Bird at Tossing It Out, Alex J. Cavanaugh, Jeffrey BeeslerJen DaikerCandace Ganger, Karen J GowenTalli Roland, and Stephen Tremp, for the month of April. It was a vertitable whirlwind of posting, a virtual zamacueca of movement of do-si-does around the hundreds of other bloggers, as we posted, visited, commented, and moved on to the next participant with the speed of a zambomba -- but twice (no, three times) as thrilling.

I used the "Surprise Me" button to randomly go through a list too long to be done in an orderly fashion, but have copied it and put everyone into a special follow-up folder for some serious visiting and comment love in May. So, I will get to you! Trying to do it all with so many contributors would have left little time for posting. But, hot-diggity-dog! I made it through and have had a ball.

[An aside: Little did they know that this exercise would create a new species, a zaftig blogger now permanently recumbent upon her zabuton as a result of having developed a spreading rootlet system on my her ass whilst remaining focused on the project. She's not pointin' fingers, here -- she's just sayin'...]

And, that being shared, it is only fair that I renew my energy by, again, thanking them all for this great exercise and opportunity to meet some wonderful new people I look forward to hearing from and visiting and, second (but most important,in my view), it's finally time to re...ZZZZzzzzzzzzzz.   
*****

See that The A-Z Blogging Challenge button on the right? With more than 1100 bloggers participating, there's bound to be someone you'll discover by just clicking on the Next Blog or Surprise Me button.
Definitions for the z words can be found here, if you've stayed awake long enough to make it this far.

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on completing the challenge, also thank you for your support to me.

    Enjoy your week-end.
    Yvonne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found the surprise me button through your blog so you widened my horizons. Thanks and well done for completing the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, that 'surprise me' button was a great idea! I used it all the time. Your Z post is clever and there's some wonderful words there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! we did it!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on completing the challenge. I agree - that surprise me button was the best idea ever. I look forward to reading your future posts.

    ReplyDelete